Smart eWiMAX is part of SMARTDATA services and offers the following benefits to customers;
- Best quality internet speed and good customer experience for both businesses and individual customers.
- Service availability – TNM ensures a stable network at all times to ensure quality of service.
- Dedicated technical support – TNM has a technical team ready to attend to the customer query whenever they need help.
- Smart eWiMAX offers our customers quality and value for money through wide choice of WIMAX data packages. As smart consumers they have the liberty to choose from this wide variety of TNM Smart eWiMAX data packages that suit their lifestyle.
- Smart eWiMAX is available to the mass market as a niche product to market high quality data connectivity to high end customers for both individual users and small businesses on prepaid.
- The bundles will give customers the freedom to access the Internet according to their time and volume preferences and gadgets of their choices.
Smart eWiMAX is ideal for the following customer groups:
- High value Individuals and households are recommended for dongle and routers according to their preferences.
- SME/SOHO, institutions, and other similar establishments are ideal for Out Door Gateway Antenna or Out Door Gateway Antenna with wireless Router or Access Point.
- Hospitality centres and other places frequented by relatively large numbers of people are also ideal for Out Door Gateway Antenna or Out Door Gateway Antenna with wireless Router or Access Point.
Customers acquire the Smart eWiMAX services through the following processes;
Outdoor gateway Antennae with Wireless router
This service provides connection through a USB unit, the Smart eWiMAX dongle.
- A customer simply walks in to the shop and ask for the dongle
- A sales person asks the customer where he intends to use the dongle
- If the area mentioned by the customer is covered then the customer is assured of coverage and is asked to pay for the dongle
- If the customer comes with a laptop he/she is helped by a technical officer, to install the dongle on his laptop.
- The technical officer explains and demonstrates to the customer how the dongle works
- When the customer is satisfied, then he leaves with his/her dongle. 6.I.8. If the customer did not bring a laptop; a technical officer explains the steps he will have to perform, and is given a phone number to call if he will require any help.
Smart eWiMAX indoor tower
This service provides connection through a fixed indoor unit, the Smart eWiMAX Antenna & Router or the Indoor Tower.
- Customers walk in and ask for an internet service that will give him/ her Wi-Fi access.
- A sales person explains the options available and asks the customer where he intends to use the service.
- If the area mentioned by the customer is within our coverage; the customer is given an application form to indicate his specifications including the preferred user name and password for WIFI access.
- The customer is asked to pay for the package.
- The application form is filed and the router is then given to a technical official for configurations.
- After configurations the technical official demonstrates how to use the router to the customer
- When the customer is satisfied then he leaves happily with the router.
- This process to configure the gadget only takes 5-10 minutes. III. Outdoor gateway Antennae with Wireless router or Access point
When a customer decides to buy the Outdoor gateway antennae router;
- The customer is asked to fill the application form that includes the preferred user name, passwords and the physical location to his/her resident area.
- The customer is asked to pay for the equipment and a sales person prepares a work order that is given to the technical department to configure the antennae and router.
- After the configurations, engineers are deployed to the customer’s premises for installation.
- This is done the same day if the customer makes the payment before 12 p.m.
- If the order is given after 12 p.m. installation will be done the same day if engineers are available otherwise the customer will be prioritised in the next day.
- No hotbytes starter pack is given for new customers, however the initial top-up that a customer makes is offered at 50% discount.
Smart eWiMAX is a mass market product and therefore customers will be able to buy data vouchers through different distribution channels which are also used to sell airtime however we will mainly target areas where we have Smart eWiMAX coverage. The Smart eWiMAX vouchers will be distributed through;
- TNM shops
- Financial institutions ( MO 626)
- Chain stores ( PTC, Shoprite and PEP Stores)
- Customer group dealers
- Smart eWiMAX USSD channel *300#.
The Smart eWiMAX USSD top up channel will enable Smart eWiMAX customers to top up their Smart eWiMAX devices using USSD shortcode *300#. Smart eWiMAX customers will be able to use airtime in their mobile numbers to redeem Smart eWiMAX electronic pins which will be used to recharge the Smart eWiMAX devices. When Smart eWiMAX customers successfully complete a top up transaction; a follow up message shall be sent to the mobile number containing the Smart eWiMAX voucher pin which will be used for recharging the Smart eWiMAX devices
- Our coverage areas include a large part of Blantyre, Lilongwe, Mzuzu, Zomba and a small portion of coverage in Balaka and Nchalo.
- TNM currently has a total number of 55 functional Base Stations in Blantyre, Lilongwe, Mzuzu, Zomba, Balaka and Nchalo.
- Blantyre has 25 Base stations covering townships and the low density suburbs, Lilongwe has a total number of 20 Base stations while Mzuzu has 4 base stations